Infuse the oil with aromatics after which toss at a high heat, this provides a smoky model to the candy cabbage to invent a handy book a rough and savory aspect dish.
On a Chinese dinner desk, there are repeatedly about a vegetable dishes alongside with the major. A handy book a rough inch fry is one among the most uncomplicated ways to develop a wholesome and savory aspect dish for dinner.
This 4-ingredient fried cabbage is a family recipe. My mother cooks it the total time because it requires minimal preparation and cutting but it yields a extremely flavorful dish. She kept telling me, genuine sooner than I moved to the US, that right here’s the roughly recipe I wish to learn. On recently and age, one seldom has time to prepare dinner refined dishes for weekday dinners. And placing green greens on the dinner desk is one among the largest tasks. In step with my mother, these greens weigh better than the protein.
And she is genuine. Now I prepare dinner both lunch and dinner, nearly 7 days a week (except pizza night). That interprets to 10 to 12 meals per week so I need quick and uncomplicated recipes.
So right here is it, the 4-ingredient fried cabbage that easiest requires 3 minutes to prepare and 5 minutes to prepare dinner. By the consume of Sichuan peppercorns and chili peppers, the oil becomes very fragrant and provides a numbing engaging hint to the candy cabbage. The cabbage will likely be seared with high heat and lightly charred, soft and meaty in texture with out shedding its crunchiness. This recipe yields 4 servings but my husband and I repeatedly enact your full dish in a single sitting.
Need extra quick sides love this? Inspect Cantonese Broccoli with Oyster Sauce, Bok Choy with Soy Garlic Sauce, Garlic Spinach in Rooster Broth, and Straightforward Swiss Chard Trail Fry.
4.7 from 3 opinions Chinese 4-Ingredient Fried Cabbage Print Prep time 5 mins Put collectively dinner time 3 mins Total time 8 mins Creator: Maggie Zhu Recipe model: Side Delicacies: Chinese Serves: 4 Substances
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Sichuan peppercorns
- 2 dried chili peppers
- 1/2 tiny head cabbage, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce, or tamari for gluten free
- Warmth wok over medium high heat. When the wok is sizzling, add vegetable oil and peppercorns. Trail unless the peppercorns turn out to be fragrant and switch darkish brown. Flip the warmth genuine down and scoop the peppercorns out with a spatula (or a ladle)and fix aside for later. (*footnote 1).
- Flip the warmth attend to medium high and add the chili peppers and cabbage. Straight away inch with spatula for 30 seconds. You’ll want to hear a intriguing sizzle. Add the salt. Withhold stirring unless the the perimeters are lightly charred. Flip off the warmth, drizzle soy sauce over the cabbage and inch about a cases to combine the total lot nicely.
- Support heat.
Notes 1. When the Sichuan peppercorns cool down, grind them in a coffee grinder and retailer in an airtight container in the fridge. The peppercorn powder is terribly fragrant and might perchance presumably perchance additionally additionally be frail in making marinade or sauce, similar to sesame noodles. 3.5.3208
The nutrition facts are calculated per 1 of the 4 servings generated by this recipe.