My Dad has taken the same lunch to work for so long as I can take into accout: a turkey sandwich, a cube of cheddar cheese, applesauce, potato chips, and Chips Ahoy cookies for dessert. I’ve worked for years to assemble healthy swaps for him (complete wheat bread for white bread, no sugar added applesauce), and about 6 months previously I finally tackled those Chips Ahoy cookies. I adapted a recipe from Chloe’s Vegan Truffles by Chloe Coscarelli (modified the flours, altered the sugar ratios, diminished the chips) and came up with a cookie that my unbelievably picky father will employ and I can feel correct about packing in his lunch. —Megan
6 dozen cookies
darkish brown sugar
complete wheat flour
1 1/4 cups
vegan chocolate chips (I exercise Ghiradelli)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with Silpat or parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a fling attachment, beat the Earth Steadiness, every sugars, vanilla extract, and water on medium shuffle unless light and fluffy (6 to 7 minutes).
- While stand mixer is thrashing the moist substances, high-tail the flours, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch in a separate bowl.
- As soon as the Earth Steadiness is fluffy, flip the mixer to low, and add the dry substances in 3 batches, mixing unless mighty barely combined.
- Turn off the stand mixer and fold in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Expend a cookie scoop to descend half tablespoon sized balls onto the willing baking sheets (I assemble the cookies tiny so that they are the approximate size of Chips Ahoy, however be at liberty to assemble them increased in case you wish). Bake in oven for 11 minutes.